We asked a few new Docs what they thought and came up with these top picks. These are websites that they found most useful for information about the medical sector in New Zealand, immigration, the economy and our political environment, finding a place to rent or buy (and the furniture to go inside!), and most importantly having fun!
1. Medical Council of New Zealand: If you can’t get registration you can’t work in NZ!
2. Immigration New Zealand: Figure out which is the best work visa for you and your family.
3. Curious about how our country ticks? Everything you need to know is here, from tax rates to schools to environmental policy.
4. TradeMe: The one stop online shop for real estate, rentals, cars, boats and all the new and used goods you can think of. Have a browse.
5. Eventfinder: The main place to find out what’s happening at a town near you; family events, concerts, holiday programmes.
You can be assured that the resources are out there to support you in your move. We are aware, however, that while your own research is great, there is no substitute for real, local knowledge, so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’re a doctor thinking about a move to NZ!